Last September, 74 teenagers stepped outside of their comfort zones. They studied Canadian Grade 12/AP curriculum, travelled to over 14 countries, improved their French, visited the UN in Geneva, participated in Model United Nations, paused in Flanders Fields, networked at the Canada-Swiss Chamber of Commerce, skied the Alps and played hockey at the base of the Matterhorn. They have learned about the past, have come to understand who they are, and now realize how their passions will contribute on a global scale.
About Neuchetel Junior College:
- Co-ed boarding school
- 65 to 80 students annually; students attend for either one full year or one semester, and reside with local Swiss families
- Age range: 16 to 18 years of age – NJC constitutes the final pre-university year; therefore students are very similar in age
- Fees: 54,500 CHF for full year | 30,000 CHF for one semester | this includes 2 (single semester) and 4 (full year) mandatory school trips
- Curriculum: NJC is a one-year school offering Ontario Grade 12 plus Advanced Placement curricula
NJC’s campus comprises 3 buildings situated across from the Neuchetel train station overlooking the town of Neuchetel and Lake Neuchetel. There is WiFi throughout the school.
The Foyer houses administrative offices, meeting rooms, the Guidance office, IT support, and 2 staff apartments including the Head of School. There is a piano and table tennis available for student use in the Foyer.
The Pavillon houses all classrooms, science lab, resource centre, campus store, and student lockers.
Le Centre d’Etudes is where students either work independently or in groups during the school day. School assemblies are also held in this building.
All students live with local host families in the surrounding communities while attending NJC. They commute in to school using local transportation (either tram, train or bus).
- Address: Cret-Taconnet 4
- Canton: Neuchetel (NE)
- Telephone number: 032.722.1860 | in North America 1.800.263.2923
- Email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.neuchatel.org
“NJC has benefited our children in all aspects of their lives. They are more culturally aware of people from all over the world, they are more independent, and they are more confident in
making decisions because NJC has shown them how many choices there are out there.”
— Gill Tillman, parent of 3 NJC alumni
“If you are thinking of enrolling, I urge you to talk to someone who has been there, who knows what’s involved, either a past graduate or a current student, and you will be sold on this wonderful opportunity. NJC does a wonderful job on the academic side but also in providing this European experience. In today’s world, it’s a global world, and I can’t think of a better opportunity than NJC.”
— Dean Anderson, parent of 2 NJC alumni
“They became more independent. The friends they made here are fantastic. They loved the College, the teachers, and the travel. The whole experience was great for both of our kids!”
— Robert MacNicol, parent of 2 NJC alumni