The Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (the Geneva Academy) provides postgraduate academic instruction, in French and in English, conducts and promotes scientific research, organises training courses and expert meetings, and provides legal expertise in the branches of international law relating to situations of armed conflicts and disasters.
It seeks to build a community of scholars and professionals with a high degree of competence in international humanitarian law, refugee law, human rights, and international criminal law.
The Geneva Academy offers two one year intensive Masters courses:
- An LL.M. for students who have completed an academic cursus.
- An Executive Masters for working professionals who want to deepen their legal expertise and qualifications.
The two courses are unique in focus and content, not least because they taught in Geneva, the capital of humanitarianism.
- 40 Students
- Age range: 22 – 37 years
- Fees: CHF15,000
- Curriculum: LL.M in international Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
Courses are held in three main locations in the centre of Geneva:
- The University of Geneva “Unimail”
- The Graduate Institute
- The Villa Moynier
- The United Nations
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- The Human Rights House Foundation
- The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ)
- International and national law firms
SwitzerlandCanton Genève (GE)
Telephone number: 022 908 44 83
Email address: LLMemail@example.com