For leaders and global career seekers, Glion London offers the quality of Swiss hospitality business education in an exciting London university setting. As a branch campus of Glion Institute of Higher Education in Switzerland, Glion London delivers the same accredited programs which transform students into leaders for the fast-growing hospitality and service industries.
“Glion Institute of Higher Education is ranked among the best 3 hospitality management schools in the world!” – Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS), International Hospitality Management Schools: 2013 Worldwide Industry Ranking Survey.
“At Glion, 85% of graduates have a job or multiple job offers because hospitality recruiters from around the world recognize their global experience, their ambition and their leadership skills.” – Graduation statistics 2014, Glion Institute of Higher Education
5 unique advantages of Glion London
- Career Springboard: London is an ideal starting ground for a global career in the hospitality industry which is predicted to grow by 25 million jobs by 2024, of which 2 million jobs will be in London.
- Glion Quality: Glion London delivers the same academic quality and accreditation of Glion Institute of Higher Education in Switzerland.
- UK University Life: Located at the University of Roehampton (UoR), Glion London gives students the freedom, resources and facilities of a big London university
- London Experience: A 100% English-speaking environment with a diverse population, endless cultural activities, tourist attractions, and innovative hospitality business models.
- Strong Network: Students connect with classmates and faculty in Switzerland through online classroom connectivity and applied learning on the Swiss campuses; plus, they access Glion’s network of industry partners and 11,000 alumni worldwide.
Glion London Programs
Glion Institute of Higher Education (GIHE) applies the rigorous techniques and traditions of Swiss hotel management education, combined with contemporary business studies. GIHE is accredited at university level by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of the six regional accrediting bodies which are recognized by the US Secretary of Education. As such, all Glion London programs are delivered and awarded under this accreditation as a branch campus of GIHE.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
For a business education with hospitality expertise, this 3.5-year program includes:
- 4-weeks of Applied Learning in hotel and restaurant operations, done in Switzerland
- Two, 6-month international internships for one year of work experience
- Business courses in entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, and more
Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration (1.5 years)
To start a new business or management career in hospitality, this diploma includes:
- One year of hospitality management courses covering operations and administration
- 4-weeks of Applied Learning in restaurant or hotel operations, done in Switzerland
- One, 6-month internship to finish the program and validate experience
Glion London Summer Academy
A first-class introduction to the world of hospitality in a two-week summer program:
- Designed for students age 16-18
- Hospitality courses and one event planning project
- Excursions to iconic hotels and attractions in and around London
- Fosters leisure activities and multicultural friendships
English Language programs
For students who need to improve their English for Higher Education:
- 100% English immersion and tailored instruction
- 16-week English Language Program (min. TOEFL 400)
- 3-week Intensive English Program (min. TOEFL 450)
- Start dates in January, February, June and August
Glion Institute of Higher Education’s international study program:
- For bachelor and postgraduate students
- Experience all 3 GIHE campuses: Glion & Bulle in Switzerland and Glion London, UK
- A seamless program that builds international knowledge and adds value to a degree
*Due to visa current UKVI restrictions, Glion London campus is only open to students who are nationals of the UK, EU, EEA or Switzerland nationals for the Bachelor and the Postgraduate programs. Students of other nationalities may apply for the Multicampus Programs.
What is it like to study in London at Glion London?
As the world’s most visited city of 2014, London is an international hub of tourism and business offering an eclectic international population and an endless array of cultural activities. It is also a world capital of hospitality where students can experience any number of the 74 five-star hotels, 54 Michelin-starred restaurants, 250 festivals and 17,000 music performances held every year or one of the 200 shows offered every night.
The Glion London campus is located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton, just 40 minutes from London’s West End. The University of Roehampton is home to more than 10,000 students from 140 nationalities. It offers a safe campus environment with 24/7 security, plus a wide range of student clubs and facilities within the 4-college, university-city which is filled with restaurants, shops and cafes. Surrounded by green park land, Glion London resides in a restored historical building with cutting edge study areas and a library with over 350,000 books. Students have single rooms with en-suite facilities and communal kitchens.
Listen to Victoria, a Swedish student in her first semester, share her experiences at Glion London and her plans for internship:
Get to Know Us Better
Take the virtual tour to learn more about the facilities, accommodation and services.
Open Days are held in February, March, April, September, October and November each year
Book a personalized visit on campus
On the Glion Blog, read the stories of our students and alumni